The audiovisual technology for events has advanced by leaps and bounds in the last few years, which means that the use of projectors to be able to mirror tailor-made content has skyrocketed.
Attendees increasingly demand to consume quality content that complements the talk or presentation they are attending at the event. For this purpose, projection screens are used for events, as they are formats that can be adapted to any venue, whatever its size, and also allow a very high quality display.
Advantages of projection screens for events
If you are considering using this type of support for your event, you should know that projection screens offer many advantages, among the most outstanding ones we can find:
- Having a projection screen to share content with attendees will make your event more attractive to the public. participation during the event increases.
- In addition to the above, it will also enhance both the brand recall, such as brand engagement.
- It is an option that offers a great deal of versatility as they can be adapted not only to small venues, but also to large spaces, both indoors and outdoors.
- Following on from the previous point, we cannot fail to mention that this option will provide you with an element that you will be able to move and displace if necessary (except if the space has screens and projectors that are fixed).
- Although the projection is intended for use with a screen. The projection also allows for mapping. This means that we can project content not only on the usual projection screen, but also on surfaces such as walls and even curved surfaces.
- You can choose the resolution that best suits the content you want to project. This will ensure the necessary level of quality for the type of content you are going to use.
If you are an event organiser, your focus may be more on the audience and attendees of the event. However, for event technicians, having a projection screen will allow them to pay attention to where they are going to place it so that the content is displayed optimally.
Tips for choosing a projection screen for events
Choose the projection screen that best suits your needs and the venue you have chosen for your event, is not free of complications, that's why we want to give you some tips to help you choose.
The standard in projection screens has changed
One of the first things you need to know is that the industry standard for projection screens today is 16:9.i.e. 16 inches wide by 9 inches high.
The most common projection screen size nowadays will have a diagonal between 2.5m-3m, However, the screen size will depend on the size of the venue where the event is to be held and the content to be projected.
Take into account the number of attendees you are going to have
One of the aspects that will help you to choose the screen you need is to know the number of assistants you are going to have. Knowing this, you will be able to calculate the distance of the screen from the attendees. On the other hand, we cannot forget to mention that It is also important to pay special attention to the distance between the screen and the projector. This will allow you to calculate the optimal viewing distance for the attendees.
All of these calculations, although they may seem tedious, are necessary as they will allow you to plan everything so that your attendees have the best possible visualisation.
Don't forget to pay attention to the brightness of the event venue
Another thing you should not lose sight of is to analyse the luminosity that is going to be in that space.
Although projection screens for events are usually white, you can also find them in different shades of grey and even black. These options are designed to adapt to very bright environments. In this way, even in these cases, the content can be projected with a good result.
Will the event be indoors or outdoors?
As mentioned in the previous section, the brightness of the space is essential to choose the screen that best suits the space. In addition to the brightness of the space, we must also take into account whether the event will be indoors or outdoors.
Indoor projection screens and projectors do not have the same characteristics as outdoor projection screens and projectors.
Content is king
As we have commented on different occasions, content will be fundamental in capturing the attention of the audience. For this reason, it is ideal that you review the type of content to be projected to choose the best option, as the needs may be different for cases where you want to project an image, or videos, graphics, etc.
Most popular types of projection screens for events
Among the different projection screens, the most interesting are the following:
Custom-made projection screens
This is one of the best options when very wide and/or very large screens are needed. Customised displays always offer a very interesting display for the public, as they are 100% adaptable to the space available.
Fixed projection screens
The main feature of these screens is that, as the name suggests, they are are to be fixed in place. In these cases, the screen fabric is usually permanently tensioned. This means that the projector is also fixed.
When a space has such screens, will be more limited in case you want to project content in another way.
Of today's projection screen options, these are by far the most popular when it comes to small events. The tripod screens are very practical and versatile as they have a built-in bracket, allowing for easy and quick installation.
Such screens can be found in a wide range of sizes. which has made them tremendously popular for all kinds of corporate events.
Quick folding screens can be placed either on the floor or on a fixed structure, which makes them highly versatile.
Things to consider when choosing a projector for events
A projection screen is not going to do any good if it does not have the projector to match it. There are two aspects that can help you choose the projector that best suits the screen you are going to use:
- Resolution: The resolution will refer to the number of pixels that will appear on the screen. Logically, the more pixels, the better the quality and resolution of the content that will be projected on the screen. In this sense, a recommendation to take into account is to analyse the type of content to be shown, since the level of detail it should have, will also influence the resolution that the projector should have.
- Brightness:There are different aspects that can affect the brightness of a screen, the most important of which are: The ambient light in that space, the distance between the projector and the screen, and finally, taking into account the above, the size of the screen. These aspects will undoubtedly help you to analyse whether you are making the right choice.
The goal of any event: to create unique experiences
However, if you want to make the best possible decision, do not hesitate to trust your audiovisual partner for events. Having specialised technical staff is always the best option if you don't want to have any kind of incident during your event.
Would you like to receive personalised advice on the audiovisual solutions that best suit your event? Do not hesitate to contact us!